Monday, June 11, 2012

Uganda bound baby...part 1

Hello dear ones, I am hanging out in London at the airport, waiting for my next flight, which will be the final leg of getting me to Uganda, and I thought now would be a good time to include you on my traveling adventures thus far.

      The journey started in Austin, on Sunday, where my momma bear and seeester dropped me off at ABIA. They rocked out on helping me check in and they didn't shed a tear, which I am so proud of them for. I flew from Austin to Dallas which is just a tease really. That's enough time for them to throw the bag of pretzels at you and then snatch. yo. trash. up...ok maybe that's a bit dramatic! But I did opt to take a nap. From there I flew from Dallas to London and arrived in London at 9am, which was 3am Texas time. I had planned to spend the whole day in London but my Pops had other plans because the weather is absolutely dreadful and not only did it delay our landing, but it also "washed" my plans down the drain. But hey, they flip side of that, is I have been able to soak in a beautiful amount of culture already.

For now, I sit in London airport, where I'll be until 8:30pm (2:30 Texas time) and then will fly over night into Uganda, where then I will be 9 hours ahead of the great country of Texas!


A few highlights:

-I've had conversations with folks from Scotland, Germany, India, Russia, England (of course), and a woman serving in the U.S. Army, who is currently based in Turkey.
-I've been able to travel across a big ole pond. :D
-the food has been fabulous
-I haven't once gotten lost
-I purchased some items using Pounds
and...
-I am surrounded by all of these wonderful accents...which also has been the hardest part because I want to try to sound like every single person and I'm not sure how any of them would take it...so I've had to refrain.

Prayer Requests:

-I would be more patient as I wait to finish this last leg...I am really ready to be there and to see those sweet faces.
-that I would be a light to the folks that are around me now and who will be on the plane with me.
-that I would get rest and not have jet lag too badly



**I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has supported me to this point and who have been talking to my Pops about the journey I am on. I am blessed and so undeserving of the love He has demonstrated through each of you, but I'm sure glad He has.

2 comments:

  1. A blessing you are indeed. The blog is wonderful and comforting. God continues to use you in amazing ways and to HIM goes to the Glory!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will remain in my prayers until you are safely home in the great country of Texas again!! May God bless you as you do His work and may he protect you as you render aid, comfort and love to some of those most needy of His children. Love you lots.....Aunt Deanie

    ReplyDelete